Sunday 9 September 2012

Mushroom Bhaji

Today, I was feeling a little lazy, but still had that sort of restlessness lurking in my conscious... So! I decided that after a day of snacking, I would make something nice and simple that was a bit more dinner-like. If you want to have this as a meal, I would perhaps add a little more mushrooms, and definitely have it either with rice or noodles, possibly adding some vegetables to go along with it.

Mushroom Bhaji
(Serves 2 as a starter/side OR 1 hungry person, 150/300 calories)


300 g Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion (I used red), chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, or some slices from a jar, chopped finely
1 big garlic clove, finely sliced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp tomato purée
A splash of water
1 tbsp snipped chives

- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and toss in the onion and jalapeño, soften for about 5 minutes, before adding garlic. Stir for 2 minutes, before mixing in the spices, chives and a splash of water.

- Cook for a minute, before adding in mushrooms and tomato purée. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Caution: Hot!

Original source:
...has slipped my mind, but I gave it my own little tweak anyway!

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment