Here's a simple yet effective recipe for a green bowl of tasty! Well I think so anyways, and the fish fingers definitely adds a little something to it. Originally the recipe had five ingredients, but I added a couple of spices and some Worcestershire sauce to top it up a notch - and here it is!
Pea & Pesto Soup with Fishy Crutons
(Serves 4, 370 calories with fish fingers, 215 calories without)
450 g (frozen) peas
2 baking potatoes à 370 g, peeled and finely diced
1 l hot vegetable stock
2 tbsp green pesto (or 3 if you wish!)
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp salt
A dash of Worcestershire sauce
12 fish fingers
- Have the peas, potato and stock in a pan and simmer for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Heat the oven to 200°C, and, 10 minutes into the soup-simmering, pop the fish fingers into the oven on a foil clad baking tray, and cook as instructions say on the packet (About 12 minutes, turning halfway)
- With a stick blender, whizz the soup until it is the texture you like, a bit chunky is good! Swirl through the pesto and add the other ingredients to taste. Stir well and turn down heat to low, keeping the soup warm.
- Take out the fish fingers and cut each into three pieces.
- Divide soup between four bowls and top with 3 fish fingers' worth of crutons, and serve!