Sunday 23 December 2012

Sandkaker - Sand Biscuits

I am proud to present to you - the Seventh Kind!

I only just got there in time, but the point is that I made the finish line, phew! I even brought some biscuits across the road to my Aunt and Uncle.

Usually, these are made in a special biscuit tin, but neither my mum nor me have any, and so I had to make them the way my grandmother made them, which is a little easier! I also added an almond on top for good measure - they're healthy after all! And ooooh so tasty!

Sandkaker - Sand Biscuits
(Makes about 34, 110 calories each)

Ho-ho-holey moley!

200 g butter
250 g plain flour
100 g ground almonds
1 egg
100 g sugar

- Crumble the butter in with the flour, and then add the rest of the ingredients. Work with it until you have a nice dough, shape it into a ball and leave it in the fridge to cool for at least an hour.

- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C.

- IF you have the biscuit tins required, use them to put the dough in and press it around so that you end up with a 3-5 mm thick biscuit "bowl", if you don't have them - worry not! Just roll them into balls the size of a walnut, and optionally press and almond on top. Bake the biscuit tins for 10-15 minutes, and the biscuit balls for 15-20 minutes. The latter are thicker and therefore need a few more minutes in the oven to cook through.


Enjoy - and I hope you have a wonderful holiday! And if you don't celebrate christmas and like almonds, why not give these a shot anyway?


Oh, oh! And it turns out I have a least been a wee bit of a good girl this year, as my stocking that has been with me since I was three months old has been filled by "santa" - win! *grins*

Original source:
http://oppskrift.klikk.no/sandkaker/1723/

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment