Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Five-Spice Beef Noodles

This is the first time I've used mince in an Asian inspired dish, but it worked really well! I added a whole chili, which made the dish a tiny bit too spice for me, next time, I'll just use half. The sauce here is delicious though, and the noodles soak up the flavours really well! Will definitely have this for dinner again some other time ^ ^

Five-Spice Beef Noodles
(Serves 2, about 570 calories each)


250g lean beef mince
140g soba noodles
Ginger, thumb sized, peeled and grated or finely chopped
1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped
1 heaped tbsp Chinese 5-spice
1/2 tsp chili powder
100g sugarsnap peas (I used dwarf beans, tasty too!)
400ml beef stock
3 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 chili, deseeded and finely chopped

- Start by frying the mince in a large pot, for about 5-10 minutes until brown.

- Then add the ginger, five-spice, chili powder and greens (beans or peas). Stir for a few minutes until fragrant. Now, boil up water and cook the noodles as instructed on the packet, about 4-5 minutes.

- Once both the noodles are ready, drain and pour them into the pot with the mince mixture, add the sesame oil and the chili. Divide between two bowls and serve topped with a little extra chili - if you like it hot!

Oh and last night I FINALLY got to see Regina Spektor, my favourite songstress! It only took me almost ten years! She was a darling ^ ^


Original source:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1415663/fivespice-beef-and-sugar-snap-noodles

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment