Tuesday 17 September 2013

Berry Mud Jelly

Do you prefer the less sweet desserts that has a bit of a zingyness to it? Yeeeah, I'm like that sometimes too (although sometimes I really don't mind a slice of carrot cake or chocolate cake, mmmm), it just seems to hit the spot when I want something sweet!

"Berry Mud Jelly?" I hear you ask, and yes! I decided to call it that because the berries add a slightly denser texture to the jelly, I suppose you could always use a stick blender and whizz it smooth if desired, I just felt like keeping it as natural as possible!

This is a fairly light little dessert (or snack( that is so so simple to make! I have struggled with using gelatine in the past, but you live and learn! If you make sure to mix the amount of gelatine with water + berries that add up to the amount of liquid you need, then that should do the trick! Below is what I used for this lovely little treat:

Berry Mud Jelly
(Makes 2 servings, about 100 calories each)


1 sachet gelatine
300-400ml boiling water
200-300 defrosted Summer/red berries
1 tbsp sukrin icing sugar (can use a bit of stevia instead, or normal icing sugar, or maybe agave? The last two will add to the nutritional values)
1/2 tsp vanilla sugar or a few drops of vanilla essence

- Simply boil up the water and pour into a bowl, sprinkle the gelatine into the bowl and stir for a couple of minutes until it's dissolved.

- Add the berries, sweetner and vanilla to the mix and stir well, making sure it's properly combined, before pouring into the bowl of choice, or wine glasses, mugs - use your fantasy!

- Place in the fridge until set, preferably over night, but after about 4-5 hours mine had set.


You can serve this with a little whipped cream, yogurt (I imagine vanilla yogurt would be heavenly!) or a little custard on top, or just tuck in and enjoy every zingy mouthful!

Oh! And one more thing - Remember the Lego figures I posted? Well, last weekend my friend and I went back to the Lego shop and made new ones! Last time I was there I noticed they'd added tails as an optional "accessory", although I wouldn't consider them an accessory... Anyways! So I made a new improved Julie - tail attached!



Recipe by yours truly - ever experimenting with this ingredient that is gelatine!

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment