Thursday 21 November 2013

Pineapple Water

I am currently doing a home nutrition course, and my dad gave me this book of recipes that contains loads of ideas and inspiration for how to make great vegetarian dishes and drinks. This book is sectioned into what parts of the body the recipes are good for, which I think is pretty neat! I reckon it'll also be quite handy when I get onto working on the exercises and essays for my course.

Preparing the pineapple skin this way, is a great source of nutrients that you would normally just throw away. Like a lot of other fruits and vegetables the pineapple skin contains all the same nutrients as the fruit does, and helps with digestion. It contains manganese, copper and iron. It is great for your kidneys and stomach, particularly if you drink it a little while before a meal.

Pineapple Water
(Makes a little under 2 litre)


Skin of 1 pineapple
2 litres of water

- Wash the pineapple before you peel it. Chop the skin into pieces, and transfer to a bit pot.

- Boil up 2 litres of water and pour over the pineapple. Simmer for about 30 minutes before taking out the peel.

- Chill, and serve cold. If you want, you can sweeten this water with brown sugar, honey or molasses. Delicious! I had it this morning before my breakfast.


Original source:
Friske Vegetariske Oppskrifter, p. 171

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment