Thursday 5 December 2013

Clementine Softies

This morning, it is stormy outside, and it woke me up several times last night! Needless to say, I am not exactly looking forward to braving the weather and make my merry way to work. Wish me luck!
On a day like today however, it is tempting to get baking, don't you think? In which case - keep reading!

I found this recipe the other day and the cakes were shaped as tiny christmas trees! Unfortunately, I didn't have christmas tree moulds, but hey! They turned out looking pretty sweet anyway, aye?

Let your imagination run wild when it comes to topping, or perhaps half them and make little sweet sandwiches? Mmmm!

Clementine Softies
(Makes 12 small ones, about 25 calories each without topping)


2 eggs
Juice from 1 small tangerine/clementine (you can use the zest too for a stronger flavour)
30g sukrin gold, xylitol, or sweetner of choice
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp baking powder
15g low-fat almond flour (or coconut flour, protein powder etc)
20g wholemeal flour

- Pre-heat the oven to 180ÂșC.

- Mix everything apart from your flours, until combined well and slightly bubbly.

- Add the flours. You can use most types of flour as the spices will give the mixture the flavours it needs. I find that rice flour has quite a strong taste and is quite dense though, so go for subtly sweet flours if using anything different from normal flour. I might try and use some quinoa flour next time!

- Pour the batter into silicone moulds and pop them in the oven for about 12-15 minutes until set and golden. Take out and leave to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the moulds.

- Eat as they are or top with a little syrup or any topping of choice. I mixed 1/2 tsp Walden Farms Pancake syrup with a couple of teaspoons of fromage frais that I topped them with, followed with cocoa nibs! You can tell I am already making the most of my little iHerb stock!


Easy peasy, healthy, and made in 1, 2, 3!

I may have had half of these as dessert when I made them.... Couldn't help myself!


Original source:
http://www.kriweb.no/2013/12/01/adventstraer-med-en-smak-av-klementin/

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment