Saturday 1 March 2014

Apple Pie Oatmeal

Ever made oat porridge in the slow cooker? Neither had I! Turns out though, it's delicious! And takes close to no effort at all... Score!
I decided to start cooking it right after dinner, knowing that it would take a couple of hours... That way, I could test it as a delayed dessert in the evening AND I am now sorted with breakfast for the next coming days, yar!

Apple Pie Oatmeal
(Serves 3-4)


1 cup oats (I used a tea-cup)
3 cups water
1 cup/185ml unsweetened apple sauce
2 apples, cored and chopped into dice
A pinch of salt
Cinnamon for dusting when serving
Natural yogurt, ice cream (more for dessert than breakfast, but I wont judge...), and granola to serve.

- Get the slow-cooker out! Turn it to High and add the water, apple sauce, oats and chopped apple and cook for 2 1/2 hours later. Stir every half hour or hour so it cooks evenly.

- How tricky was that ey? Serve a bowl of this goodness up with a couple of dollops of yogurt, granola, syrup, a good dusting of cinnamon, and you're ready to go! I hope you like it as much as I did *smiles*

What's your favourite type of oatmeal?


Original source:
http://www.nutritionistinthekitch.com/2012/09/17/apple-pie-oatmeal/

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment