Saturday 14 March 2015

Pine-A-Berry Compote

...I might have used my Good Mood Food recipe book quite a bit recently, but you need happy dishes in the colder months right?! I am so glad I cam across it in a charity shop last year!

Plus, the recipe calls for a handful or two's worth of ingredients that are easy to obtain most of the time.

Instead of using the entire FOUR ingredients this dessert/snack called four, I limited it down to three (unless you count the three different seeds and nuts I had at hand...).

Whipped up in less than 15 minutes, I might have had this for lunch on a regular Monday, yup that's right!

I thought I had bought pineapple rings when I was in the shop, buuuut it turns out it was the chopped kind... Oh well! Tastes exactly the same, and with the garnish and a good dollop of yogurt on top, it doesn't really matter.

Pine-A-Berry Compote
(Serves 2)


2 slices of pineapple, or a small box of chopped pineapples, juice drained and set aside
4 handfuls of blueberries, washed
A handful of seeds and nuts (I used a mixture of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and hazelnuts)
Optionally 4 tbsp of runny honey (I used some juice from the pineapple instead)

- Start by pre-heating the grill in your oven.

- Now, in two oven-proof dishes, place the pineapple in them, top with blueberries (you can try and place them neatly in the pineapple "wells"), and then sprinkle over with the seeds and nuts. If you are using honey, you can drizzle that over now as well.

- Grill for between 2-7 minutes (depends on your grill), until the blueberries are tender and the nuts and seeds are toasted.

Serve as it is, of with a dollop og yogurt or icecream, and enjoy! I loved how it wasn't overly sweet and had that hint of tartness from the blueberries, mmmmm *smiles*


This weekend has so far involved quite a bit of food, and so I thought posting a light dessert was appropriate. I was at Nur last night, and had quite the feast! Today, I have been with a friend and bought clothes at charity shops - so many good finds, didn't spend a ridiculous amount of money, ended up with a lot of nice new clothes, and it was all for a good cause! We had lunch in the wonderful cafê/bar called 78 that serves vegan and vegetarian food, and I tried vegan cheese in a quesadilla for the first time! Not três bad if I may so myself, and it came with lots of other goodies too *smiles*

Now it is feet up, and maybe I'll watch a movie, or do something creative ^ ^ How has your weekend been so far?


Original source:
Good Mood Food, p. 73

- Jules

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a good treat to me! Sometimes simple is best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I know right? I love fruit salads, but never really think to serve them warm, gonna do that more from now on :D Have a lovely evening June! x

      Delete
  2. Good mood food er jo alltid det beste ;) Mat skal jo gi godt humør og god følelse i kroppen. Jeg synes det er supervirktig.
    Dette ser nydelig ut! Du lager så variert mat altdå, jeg lar meg stadig imponere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen tusen takk Ragnhild, det betyr mye for meg :D
      Hah, ja mat en blir glad av er best! Og sunn og god mat gjør jo ofte det med oss uansett :) Hadde ikke smakt varm frukt salat før, kune "lune bær" men dette var absolutt smakfullt! :D Prøver og variere som best jeg kan :) Og gå over til en vegetariansk diett er ikke så gale altså ;) xx

      Delete