Monday 6 July 2015

Mediterranean Hummous

Hummous - something I have promised myself I will stop buying from the shop and rather make a big batch of each week!

Not only is it whipped up in five minutes, but it is great knowing what you put in your food - not to mention the varieties you can make, depending on what you feel like using!

This week, I decided to go for a Mediterranean style flavour. I have been hooked on sundried tomatoes and artichokes in oil lately - so simple, SO delicious, and somehow it fends of my craving of seafood (my only craving since going vegetarian).

Now, I was more than please with this result as it ended up tasting like one of my favourite red pepper hummouses (hummousi? Ha!) Wait.. Now I am imagining little hummous mice - ahhh! Anyhow, in short: This has never seen a red pepper at all, but it is creamy and delicious!

Don't have tahini? No problem, just add a little bit of oil instead!

Mediterranean Hummous
(Makes 1 big bowl!)


400g tin chickpeas, drained
1/3-1/2 cup olive oil (or the oil from the antipasti)
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp tahini
Juice of 2/3 lime
4 sundried tomatoes, in oil
4 pieces of artichoke, in oil
A little bit of salt to taste

- Simply add all the ingredients in a deep bowl or a measuring jug, and use a stickblender and whizz for a few minutes until it gets that infamous hummous texture - yum!

- Serve up with cruditês, pitta bread and other snacks.

Perfect for people all ages! Speaking of which, do you like my new snack boxes? I saw them in the shop and couldn't help buying some, I've got one truck shaped one too... I have never been one for pink and hearts anyway.



Recipe by yours truly,

- Jules

8 comments:

  1. Okay, I LOVE you snack boxes! So cute it's ridiculous!
    ALSO, why have I never made hummus before? Especially seeing as how easy it is to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks, thanks m'dear! I couldn't not buy them :P Wonder what my colleagues think of me though, haha! I bring them in almost every day!
      You should definitely try your hands at homemade hummus, SO tasty :D x

      Delete
  2. Hummus♥ Det er kjempegodt, og ingenting slår hjemmelaget!
    God onsdag Julie! I kveld skal jeg på leilighet"intervju" :O Så SPENT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heisann på du! Har ikke vært innom på et par dager her, beklager! Men jaaa, hummus er så godt :D
      Håper intervjuet gikk bra! Sitter her spent :) xx

      Delete
  3. I really love the addition of artichokes to hummus. I have definitely never added those before, but I certainly will be doing so soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kennedy - I hope you do :) I promise you wont be disappointed :) x

      Delete