Sunday 8 November 2015

Snickers Dip

Second sweet recipe in a row? Well.... there is a reason for that - today I have been a vegetarian for 8 months! And what better way than to whip up something sweet (and moderately healthy).

This was meant to be posted closer to Halloween, however I failed due to being ridiculously busy.

Enter: my twist on Ragnhild's caramel dip!

I had to tweak the recipe due to missing a couple of ingredients, but it turned out pretty sweet indeed. Spread it on toast and top it with banana, have it on sliced apple or anything else you reckon this would go well with!

In the picture below, there is home made healthy pumpkin pie, vanilla ice cream, topped with the dip and M & Ms! Went down a treat when I had a couple of friends over for dinner and I served this for dessert.

Snickers Dip
(Makes 1/2 cup)


5 tbsp date syup (or soak 1/2 cup dates in boiling water, drain and whizz until smooth)
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp agave syrup (optional)

Toast, bananas, apples or other such things to serve

- Simply mix all the ingredients in a bowl and store in a small air-tight jar. Due to the healthy fats and natural sugar, this will at least last for 5 days in the fridge. I doubt that it will last that long though!


This weekend has been nothing short from lovely, I had Friday and Sunday off and spent it with a bunch of fantastic people. I had a lot of amazing food, picnic on the floor, I made lots of crafty things this evening (picture above is part of a candle I made earlier... It is still going strong on the table here in front of me *smiles*), I was given a tour of a part of Glasgow I had never seen before, and I received my first t-shirt from RedBubble (check it out for amaaazing tee designs!) - I got the one where there is an overly awesome raccoon doing the dishes... You better believe it!

Now, I am knackered, I have made some home made soup to bring for work the next couple of days, and I am ready for a good, long night's sleep... I hope your weekend has been eventful as well!


Recipe by yours truly, inspired by Ragnhild

- Jules

4 comments:

  1. Neimen se der! Så deilig denne hørtes ut! Og det er den helt sikkert også :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jupp det er den! Håper så inderlig det skulle fungere da jeg ikke hadde ingrediensene du brukte :) Og det gjorde heldigvis det :) x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jayanthi! :) And thanks for stopping by :) x

      Delete