Sunday 13 December 2015

Grilled Two Cheese Pepper or Avocado Sandwich

Fancified sammiches! They are one of my favourite things really... And when cheese is involved? No less than TWO types? I'm in.

I was scared of the jalapeño used in the original recipe, so I cut that out and used some less-scary hot sauce instead! Cause you just never can tell with some chillies, and I ddnæt want to burn my face off... If you prefer a more creamy combo I would suggest swapping the green pepper for sliced avocado, done and done!

Grilled Two Cheese Pepper or Avocado Sandwich
(Makes 1)


2 slices of bread
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp cream cheese
Few drops hot sauce
1/2 green pepper or 1/2 avocado, sliced
1-2 slices of cheddar

- Simply spread out the cream cheese on a piece of bread, followed by some hot sauce pepper/avocado and the cheddar. Place the second slice of toast on top.

- In a frying pan, heat the butter on medium-low heat as you want the cheese to get time to melt. Place the sandwich in the pan and fry for a few minutes until golden and cheese melted.

Whatcha waiting for? Tuck in!

This morning has started rather well! I went to a colleague's band's album launch last night and made it home a little late, and thus I slept in... Then, we headed over to Meadow Road
and had a veggie breakfast of epic proportions. Toast with sliced avocado, wilted spinach, poached eggs and hot sauce... Along with a sneaky cappuccino and some ginger beer, it really hit the spot on a Sunday morning....

Today, I am going to the first ever pantomime! In the UK, this is really popular, mainly amongst children, and it works like a theatre play where the audience interacts with the actors and actresses. After having lived in the country for seven and a half years, I reckon it is about time I go and see a play. Next up on the list will be to attend a proper ceilidh!

This evening I am also going to a pot luck dinner with friends, and I shall rattle up a loaf of banana bread. Knowing my friends, there will be a bunch of treats! What are your plans for the rest of the Sunday? Hopefully all leisure!


Original source:
http://www.atasteofmadness.com/2015/07/jalapeno-popper-grilled-cheese-sandwich.html

- Jules

2 comments:

  1. Oh my :o Smeltet ost er en svakhet jeg har, det må jeg bare innrømme.

    Kos deg masse i kveld :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, ikke sant? Vanskelig og la være, og med litt ekstra tilbehør blir det plutselig ganske fancy :D
      Tusen takk Maria, håper du har en finfin kveld også :) x

      Delete