Wednesday 23 March 2016

Super Easy Cheesy "Flower"-Base Pizza

I hadn't made the broccoli based pizza yet although it has been trending for some time. The other day I found pre-prepared caulieflower rice in the shop, and in the basket went a bag of itand I knew exactly what I had in mind!

I wanted to keep it simple, so I really got to figure out what the base actually tasted like. The pesto added tons of flavour in the topping, and cheese... I mean, it belongs to pizza ^ ^ For a tiny bit of extra fragrance and flavour, drizzle over a little bit of oregano!

Hmmm, I am sure my Italian uncle would disapprove of this, but as a Norwegian girl in Glasgow who is terrible at making pizza doughs, this here is a really easy way to get a base ready in 1-2-3! Not to mention that it is gluten free too *smiles*

Super Easy Cheesy "Flower"-Base Pizza
(Serves 2)


1 large caulieflower heads (about 400g), processed to crumbles (some shops sell it as "caulieflower rice")
3 eggs
1 tbsp oil
Salt and Black pepper

Topping:
Red pesto
Grated cheddar
Oregano

- Simply pre-heat oven to 200C. Mix all the ingredients for the base in a bowl and spread out evenly across a baking paper clad tray. PLace it in the middle of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.

- Now, take the pizza base out and the top should be firm, spread the pesto evenly over, followed by grated cheddar. I didn't use that much, but it melted generously over the pizza anyhow! Sprinkle over the oregano and place it in the oven for a further 5-10 minutes, cheese should be melted and the base should be cooked.

- Cool slightly before serving, and feel free to rattle up a pretty side salad to go with it!

This tasted nothin like caulieflower actually, and it is such a healthy and lighter alternative to enjoy pizza any day of the week!

Aaaand yesterday I received something all the way from bonnie Norway and my mother! She had not knitted in 30 years back when she was a student, and when I asked her if she could knit me a sweater, she answered a little bit puzzled "Oh! Uhm... I suppose I could! What colour did you have in mind?" Except in Norwegian (aka Åh! Joda, det kan jeg vel gjøre... Hvilken farge tenkte du?) But, it is not like my mother to just send me one thing when she first is shipping treasure across the North Sea, o no! She had bought me pajamas, THREE big bars of good ol' Norwegian chocolate, a lovely scarf, and a ball of yarn - "in case I had to patch up the sweater" - how cute is that?! *allthefeels*


Some people celebrate Easter, and I happen to be one of those! Simply due to a childhood tradition, cause I believe in the Easter bunny, yo! OK, maybe not, but it is a great excuse to give someone an Easter egg *smiles*

...I need to start taking pictures during the actual day time! Sorry about the dark photos people! I cannot wait for Summer!

I hope you have a lovely rest of the week ahead! Any plans?

Recipe by yours truly,

Julie

3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try making pizza this way!!
    Also, that is so sweet of your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surprisingly tasty and ridiculously easy when I found cauliflower rice pre-chopped in the shop :D
      Hopw you have a lovely weekend Cathleen :) x

      Delete
    2. It was surprisingly tasty and ridiculously easy when I found cauliflower rice pre-chopped in the shop :D
      Hopw you have a lovely weekend Cathleen :) x

      Delete