Friday 22 April 2016

Mustard Potatoes with a Fresh Cucumber Salad

Rose is one of my favourite blogger and foodie pal online, and whenever she posts something new, I cannot wait to head over to her lovely blog and feel inspired!

This here dish, is simple, clean and if you want to learn how to make vegan kefir - Head over to her blog! I had to use normal kefir today, but you can also use creme fraiche if you prefer.

The flavours are typical European, with fiery mustard, a smooth creamy sauce and fresh dill - which reminded me of when I used to work in the firsh market in Bergen and we would make gravelaks!

Mustard Potatoes with a Fresh Cucumber Salad
(Serves 1)

Head over to Rose's blog for a vegan version!

2 medium potatoes, diced
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
1/3 tsp marjoram
Salt to taste

For the salad:
4 tbsp kefir
1 tsp mustard
Salt and black pepper
1 fresh sprig dill, chopped
1/3 cucumber, cut into small dice

- Heat oil in pan on medium heat and add the potatoes. Fry for 6-10 minutes until the potato dice softens. Stir every few minutes, but allow for them to brown all over.

- In the mean time, make the salad! JUst mix all the ingredients in order and set aside.

- When the potatoes are starting to go tender, add the marjoram, mustard seeds and salt. Fry until they are done.

Simply serve the potatoes atop the dressing, and enjoy!

On another note, I am back from my little trip to Barcelona. I had never been to Spain before, but know I understand the hype. It was such a friendly city, with grand buildings and plenty to do. Not to mention the sunshine!

I might write a post on this in the near future! How have you been?!


Original source:
http://www.thecleandish.com/pan-fried-mustard-potatoes-with-creamy-cucumber-salad-vegan-grain-free-gluten-free/

- Jules

6 comments:

  1. Dette hørtes helt nydelig ut! Rene deilige smaker samlet sammen <3 Vil tro jeg kunne brukt hjemmelaget yoghurt her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk! Ja, vet du - Rose har oppskrift på det på bloggen sin :) Hun er en kløpper på spennende oppskrifter, akkurat som deg :D x

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks amazing! I have SO many potatoes in my cupboards that I should use soon. This looks like the perfect solution!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, one of many solutions, yeh! If you're into the Northern European flavours like dill and mustard, it'll be a hit :) I hope you have a great weekend too Cathleen! x

      Delete
  3. Jules, you are too kind. I'm super glad to hear you enjoy my recipes - as I enjoy yours very much, too!

    Barcelona is one of my favorite cities in Europe. I have such great memories of visiting although it's been more than 10 years for me! Please DO write a post about your travels; I'd love to hear what you've been up to!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that is sweet of you!
      Every time I try one of your recipes, the flavour combinations always is a pleasant surprise :)

      You should definitely go on a little trip down Memory Lane and maybe visit a few good ol' places again in Barcelona :D I hope I get to go back to Spain in the near future :) x

      Delete