Sunday 2 September 2012

Courgette, Pea & Pesto Soup

One of my favourite soups! First time I made it, I wasn't sure what to expect. Once I tried it though, I was very surprised, the pesto seems to really give this soup a specal flavour - in a good way!

Courgette, Pea & Pesto Soup
(Serves 4, 200 calories)


1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
500 g courgettes, chopped
200 g peas
400 g cannellini beans
1 l vegetable stock
2 tbsp green pesto

- Fry the garlic in the oil in a medium-to-large sized pot. Add the courgettes after a few minutes and let it cook for about 3 minutes - stirring occasionally.

- Stir in the peas, beans and stock and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes.

- Finally, swirl through the pesto, along with some seasoning. Once the pesto has dissolved, it's ready to serve! I usully let it simmer for another 10 minutes though, so the courgettes turn softer, mmmmm!

Serve with crusty bread, and enjoy

Original source:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1758636/courgette-pea-and-pesto-soup

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment