Tuesday 11 December 2012

Pea & Artichoke Spread

I found this very handy little recipe for a nice vegetable spread. Originally it was called pea and artichoke humous however, as there were neither chickpeas not tahini used in it, I failed to see how it could fall under that category.

When I made it using the original recipe, it came out very bland - BUT, whenever I added a little seasoning it turned out really nicely!

Pea & Artichoke Spread
(Serves 4, 120 calories each)


140 g garden peas or petit pois
100 g artichoke hearts, from a jar
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
A small handful mint, chopped
1 -2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

-Simply take a stick blender and whizz it until it has the preferred consistency. If it gets a little too solid for your liking, just add a little more oil. In the original recipe they had used 4 tbsp oil, but I like it when it keeps together.

-Store in a air tight container and use within 3-5 days (I'd imagine!) Tastes delicious on some crispbread!

Original Source>
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7060/pea-and-artichoke-houmous

-Jules

1 comment: