Saturday 13 July 2013

200 Berry Crumble

I have reached TWO HUNDRED posts in less than a year! It was on the 26th July last year that I decided to delete the few posts that I had on my blog and start over again, this time focusing on cooking.
Over the last 12 months, I've made so many dishes and used so many combinations of ingredients that I would never even have dreamt of! It is only the last couple of years that I have discovered cooking, but I am so happy that I did! Thank you so much for dropping by, I hope you have found some inspiration on this humble blog of mine.

And now, for another modest little number, a berry crumble! It was the first time I have ever made crumble before, but I know for certain it definitely wont be the last one. Next time, I just have to remember to make bigger portions! Instead of the "sukrin gold" you can use any sweetner (preferably natural for your own sake!) or sugar, just remember that that'll change the nutritional information slightly!

These little crumbles were delicious without being too sweet, just the way I like it! Next time I might use agave instead of the sukrin gold though, just to see how it turns out with an ingredient that is slightly easier to get hold of!

200 Berry Crumble
(Serves 2, about 280 calories each)


175g mixed berries, fresh or frozen
2 tbsp sukrin gold, divided
4 tsp plain flour, divided
Juice of 1/2 tangerine or 40ml orange juice
25g porridge oats
20g almonds, flaked, chopped, or ground
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp flavourless oil (sunflower, rapeseed, canola etc)

- Start by pre-heating the oven to 200°C.

- In a bowl, mix the berries, 1 tbsp sukrin gold, 1 1/2 tsp plain flour and the tangerine/orange juice. Divide by two small bowls or four ramekins.

- In another bowl, mix the remaining flour, almonds, porridge oats, cinnamon and 1 tbsp sukrin gold. Stir well before tipping in the oil and a splash of water.

- Top each bowl or ramekin with a thin layer of the crumble mixture, and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until nice, golden and crisp!

You can serve this as it is, or with a bit or icecream or yogurt on the side!

On another note, the weather in Glasgow has almost been impeccable for over a week now, finally Summer decided to arrive *smiles*
Earlier today, I enjoyed a lovely barbecue dinner. But it was so simple that I didn't think it would be any point in posting it. Usually barbecues are all about improvising anyhow, right?

Have you been celebrating the season in style so far this weekend?


Inspired by:
http://www.lifescript.com/food/healthy_recipes/o/old-fashioned_fruit_crumble.aspx

- Jules

2 comments:

  1. Så herlig med så mange posts! Man blir jo veldig oppfinnsom av å skrive en blogg om mat. Det synes i hvert fall jeg =D

    Berry crumble ser deilig ut =D Absolutt noe som passer mine smaksløker;-)

    Have a nice sunday.
    vilblifrisk.blogg.no

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you berry much ;)

      Hehe, ja man prøver og finne nye og spennende ting og lage slik at det ikke blir det samme hele tiden. Jeg har fortsatt litt vrumble igjen som jeg kan kose meg med i morgen, yum!

      Så frukt posten din, imponerende, også så mye godt! Hadde meg nettopp kirsebær, og en liten skål yogurt med kanel og aprikos, mmmm ^ ^

      Ha en kjempe fin kveld fine deg!
      xx J

      Delete