Thursday 17 October 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Snack Cake

Whenever I mentioned to a friend of mine that I had made a baked oatmeal cake, he immediately requested it was put up on the blog! I have since made it twice now, and finally, here it is!

This is a fairly healthy snack which feels like dessert, only it is packed with protein, healthy carbohydrates and half of a five a day too! Silly me forgot to grease the quiche dish before pouring in the mix, now I will remember to do it the next time I make it though, for sure!

Oatmeal Chocolate Snack Cake
(Serves 1, about 270 calories minus topping)


30g porridge oats
10g chocolate protein powder
1 heaped tsp cocoa powder
100ml skimmed milk
1 egg white
A pinch each of baking powder and bicarbonate of soda
50g apple sauce or mashed banana
Topping - Whatever you feel like!

- Pre-heat your oven at 180ÂșC.

- In a cereal bowl or small baking bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cake and let it sit for a few minutes before pouring it into a small, greased or silicone cake or quiche tin and popping it in the oven! You can also make cupcakes out of these, which I think I might just do next time, just to see it it'll be a success.

-Bake for about 15-20 minutes depending on the baking dosh you're using. In the meantime, you can have a shower and get ready to face the day if having it for breakfast!

- Top with whatever you want to! Cocoa cream cheese, syrup or just a light sprinkle of icing sugar or dessicated coconut perhaps? It tasted nice plain too! I decided to spread some light butter and honey on top followed by a few chopped almonds, mmm!


Original source:
http://bakekona.blogg.no/1379185364_ovnsbakt_sjokoladehav.html

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment