Sunday 19 January 2014

Capsicum Craze Salad

It has puzzled me for quite some time why some people call them bell peppers and others capsicum. I feel like I should have done more research in advance before mentioning it, but oh well! In Norway we simply call them "paprika", but if I'd say that here in Scotland, people would normally associate it with the powder - it#s a complicated vegetable...

Here you have a lovely, and simple recipe with THREE ingredients, only asking for a little of your time. Serve this next to a main meal (Beef, pork, vegetarian burgers) or as part of a tapas or mezze,
First I had it with some black pudding that needed used up, and the next day I served it with hummous. Some of the spiced currant bulgur that I posted up yesterday would have made it a complete lunch box treat!

Capsicum Craze Salad
(Serves 2-3 as a side, about 80-60 calories each)


3 bell peppers, different colours, quartered and cored
50g olives (I used pimiento stuffed ones)
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar

- Start by turning the grill in the oven to hot. Whilst waiting for that to heat up, prepare the bell peppers before placing the skin-side up on a grill rack, and place in the oven until slightly charred.

- Take them out and place in a plastic bag for about 5 minutes before peeling off and discarding the skin. Mix the bell peppers in a bowl with the olives and balsamic vinegar and toss lightly before serving.

Also, lately my new obsession has been these:
I had heard a lot about these Quest Protein bars, but I had no idea that all the praise they got, was actually quite accurate! Now, I struggle to keep it to one a day, as they taste like a mixture of a chewy brownie and a chocolate bar - mmmm! I will post about iHerb in the near future as well, so stayed tuned! But for now - enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Any plans?


Original source:
Low-Fat Meals in Minutes, p.76

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment