Saturday 22 March 2014

Marbled Banana Cake

So I may have completely failed with the actual pattern of this cake. I ended up laying first the plain layer and then the chocolate layer on top and turned a spoon aroun in it, but it all just blended together. Next time, I'll pay closer attention to the recipe...

A gluten free little treat for any day! I like how the banana in it made sure it didn't go dry when baking it, mmmm!

Marbled Banana Cake
(Cuts into 6, serves 2-3)

OK, so it got a bit of a marble pattern, it was definitely funkier than I feared it would be when I took it out of the oven!

1 banana, mashed
1 egg
3 tbsp low-fat yogurt (or an egg white)
1 tbsp Sukrin gold or xylitol (optional, I didn't use it)
3-4 drops stevia vanilla
20g (1 heaped tbsp) coconut flour
20g vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp milk or water
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2-3 drops stevia chocolate

- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.

- In a bowl, mash the banana, before adding the egg, yogurt/egg white, sukrin, stevia, coconut flour, protein powder and the milk/water.

- Transfer half of the mixture into another bowl and mix in the cocoa and chocolate stevia.

- In a small cake tin or quiche tin (about 12 cm), add layers of each batter on top of each other until you run out of the mixture. DON'T do like me and swirl, just pop it in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes. If you're using muffin tins, check in on them after 15 minutes and give them another five minutes if they aren't cooked properly through.

- Take out and cool slightly before serving, and enjoy!

At your service! I can imagine it would be lovely with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate too!

Oh and I finally got around to trying the pecan pumpkin butter the other day!

It was a lot sweeter than I imagined it to be, so I would recommend serving it on a good slice of wholemeal bread as opposed to the already sweet apple and cinnamon rice cakes I used. It had a lovely flavour though, and I cannot wait to try some more of it!

Do you have a favourite nut-butter? Perhaps one with a twist like this?

Later on I will try a new recipe I was lucky enough to get when I was in New Jersey, if it turns out right, it might just turn up on the blog tomorrow, fingers crossed! Stay tuned, and have a lovely weekend!


Original Source:
Sunnere & Sterkere med Proteinrik Mat, p. 40

- Jules

4 comments:

  1. Så god den så ut! :)

    Min favoritt har blitt mandelsmør med litt havsalt, enkelt og godt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk skjønne! Mandelsmør er vanvittig godt, må definitivt prøve det med en klype salt, for det er jo ganske søtt i seg selv, i forhold til peanøttsmør iallefall, takk for tips! :) x

      Delete