Saturday 7 February 2015

Carrot Cake Porridge

Good evening!

Have you had a good weekend so far?

I was working today, and I was lucky enough to bump into three lovely fellow-Norwegian students at work today! I gave them a little tour around the cafê and showed them the factory. Aaaand yesterday I got to wrap a giant gorilla made out of chocolate in cellfane, despite it being quite busy. Luckily, both days I spent the evenings with friends in Tchai Ovna - House of Tea, and now I've put my feet up. I have had the time to cook a little bit inbetween though, which has been nice!

This original recipe was made in the slow-cooker, which is really handy if you are needing something made and want to just chuck all the ingredients in there which will magically become a lovely, creamy porridge in a couple of hours time.

I scaled down the batch, and cooked it on the stovetop as an evening snack, but it will make for a perfect breakfast too!

Carrot Cake Porridge
(Serves 1)


1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup light coconut milk (I used alpro)
1/2 cup water (more if necessary)
1 carrot, grated
2 tbsp dessicated coconut + more for topping
Small handful cranberries or raisins
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch nutmeg
Pinch salt (brings out the oatyness!)
2 tbsp maple syrup/sukrin gold/xylitol/agave

Dessicated coconut, or chopped nuts and suryp to serve

- Simply heat up the coconut milk, water and oats, and add the rest of the ingredients as you go along and allow for it to cook for at least 5-10 minutes. adding a little more water or coconut milk if necessary.

- Once it's gotten the texture and consistency that you like, simply bowl up and top with your favourite things!

Also, I have been meaning to feature this lovely picture for some time....


My cousin had drawn a couple of christmas-related pictures on an envelope for me for the aforementioned holiday, and it took me back to the days when we were a little younger. Because - his drawing of sheep weren't much different from the reindeer, apart from the fact that the sheep was curly and had no antlers, it's pretty much the same. How old my cousin is? 29...now I think - he's awesome!

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend so far! All my love x


Original source:
http://www.eatwellwithjanel.com/carrot-cake-oatmeal-in-the-slow-cooker/

- Jules

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is recipe has my name written all OVER it!! I love carrot cake, and I love porridge. So this is double awesome.
    And I think your cousin is great too. Better reindeer than I could draw..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is quite the talent if I may say so myself!

      And as for this porridge, try it out! :D After you have made another couple of different mug cakes for me to try that is ;) I have tried to make carrot cake oatmeal several times before, but this is definitely the better one of them by a long shot :) x

      Delete
  2. spending the evenings in a house of tea, now that sounds like a way to relax! :) The porridge looks great--never would have thought of using carrot in oats but as "carrot cake' flavor it sounds like it would work really well! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? It was so nice and relaxing :) Do you have any tea houses where you live June?
      If you get a chance to try this out, I hope you like it! ^ ^
      Have a great day! x

      Delete
  3. Så deilig da!!
    Jeg har hatt en superfin uke så langt. Er ferdig med eksamen og sitter igjen med en ordentlig god følelse. Er så glad. Denne dagen har vært så FIN! Har hatt vårfølelsen i hele kroppen, og S og jeg har vært ute nesten hele tiden. Så godt. I morgen er det 18-måneders kontroll og babysang :)
    God uke videre til deg<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Såååå koselig det hørtes ut da :D Og gratulerer med 18 måneder som mamma, ikke verst, og du gjør en helt fantastisk jobb :D Gratulerer med overstått eksamen ;D xx

      Delete