Friday 13 February 2015

Honey Nut Snack Marbles

Hey!

I hope you have had a good Friday 13th? As for me, I usually find this to be a surprisingly good day, today was a little mixed though, BUT Imma gawna see some friends and head over for Clothes Swap Part 2, and I am really looking forward to it!

But here! I found these on Cathleen's blog, a Taste of Madness (always reminds me of the Muse song, by the way!) and I noticed that I had all the ingredients I needed to make them - and so I did!
I had some trouble along the way with pressing the mixture down and getting it to set properly, but that wasn't really that big a deal, for the rest of the oaty-nutty goodness I simply rolled into marbles, et voila! Power-snack ready, for whenever you are!

Honey Nut Snack Marbles
(Makes 8 small bars or marbles)


2 topped tbsp honey
A splash of water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup almonds, dry roasted (I used half whole ones, and half ground ones, plus some leftover cashew nuts)
1 cup oats
1/2 cup dessicated coconut

- Start by heating the honey and water up in a medium sized casserole, once hot but not boiling, add the remaining ingredients and take off the heat. Mix well until combined.

- Now, you have one out of two options:
A) Roll into marbles
B) Get out a small square cake tin and line it with clingfilm, press the mixture firmly down and refrigerate for a little while. Cut into bars and keep them in an airtight container. They will keep for at least 5 days.

These are the perfect snack if you're on the go, in a hurry in the morning, or simply want a little something sweet to enjoy with your coffee or tea. My lovely flatmate highly approved of these, and I hope you will too!

Do you have any plans for the "big" day tomorrow? As for me, I think I have a date with my pyjamas, and I will most definitely be making Norwegian waffles!


Original source:
http://atasteofmadness.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/coconut-almond-granola-bars.html

- Jules

4 comments:

  1. Så godt dette høres ut da! Hjemmelagde snackkuler og lignende er så godt, og så "handy"! Veldig kjekt å ha på lur!
    God kveld Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk Ragnhild! Ja, vet du, dette er små energibomber som er lurte og ha på lommen om man er på farten, eller bare rett og slett tur :) Enkelt og veganifisere også da :) Hihi!
      Håper du har en nydelig helg Ragnhild :) xx

      Delete
  2. Omg, yay! I'm glad you liked them! My name was actually inspired by a Queen song, but I think the Muse song would be a better fit :p
    ALSO, guess what happened on my Friday the 13th? I didn't get on my flight! So I needed to reschedule for today. But it all turned out okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Ah love it! Queen is such a good band as well :) They...actually played Madness in a shop I was in today, random!
      You didn't get on your plane on Friday? Dang! I am so glad you finally got there in the end though. I have had to wait overnight for a delay as well - I used it as an excuse to treat myself to a night at a hotel ^ ^
      I hope you are having a lovely weekend m'dear, and thank you so much for the recipe! xx

      Delete