Sunday 18 October 2015

Deli Portobello Sandwiches

With the right fillings,sandwiches can be deli-tastic at any point in time!

...Which is what I realised with this bad boy here! Portobello mushrooms is a great alternative to meat for burgers and sandwiches, and this here with the goats cheese and fresh basil along with the juicy tomatoes was awesome!

Why don't you try for yourself? I dare you!

Deli Portobello Sandwiches
(Serves 2)



Oil for frying
A generous pouring of balsamic vinegar
1 fat garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper
2 portobello mushrooms
1/3 cup goats cheese
A big handful fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tomato, sliced
4 slices of bread
Butter for pan-frying the bread in

- Start by mixing the oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Marinate the mushrooms in the mix for as long as you have, be it 10 minutes or 10 hours.

- In a frying pan, pour the mixture in along with the mushrooms, and fry until they have shrunk in size, 5-10 mminutes onlow heat.

- In the meantime (...in Hell's Kitchen, naah kidding - this is super simple, and Gordon Ramsay isn't watching you!) mix the goats cheese and basil in a cup.

- Assembly time! In a frying pan, heat a knob of butter and pan fry the bread until golden, then spread with the goats cheese, top with tomato and then with the portobello mushroom. Top with a second slice of toast, and repeat - et voila!


Today has been lovely, I met some great new people as well as having the pleasure of cooking up dinner for two of my favourite ladies! I hope you have had a lovely Sunday too!


Original source:
http://warmvanillasugar.com/2015/07/10/portobello-burgers-with-basil-goats-cheese/

- Jules

6 comments:

  1. Mmmh, har hatt skikkelig cravings på sopp i det siste :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, mushrooms are my favorite meat replacement. I honestly feel nothing comes closer to the texture and flavor of meat so I'm totally on board! Your sandwich looks so delicious - the bread is fried perfectly, you mixed in goats cheese (!!) and basil, two of my favorite ingredients. I wish I could take a bite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have a wee bite! Heheh, I used gluten free slices of bread as well.
      This tasted really awesome to my pleasant surprise, great flavour combinations :) I hope you are well :) xx

      Delete
  3. Gikk kommentaren gjennom nå? Hurra, endelig!
    Sopp er så godt som 'kjøtterstatning'. Laget riktig er det jo både saftig og smakfult. Og genialt for alle vi som ikke liker "fake kjøtt". Supert å grille også.u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jupp! Nå funket det :D Hihi!
      Glad du syntes dette så godt ut også :D Også er det ikke en altfor tung middag heller, noen søtpotet fries på siden så er man i boks :D x

      Delete