Friday 27 April 2018

Super Healthy Chocolate Orange Smoothie

Hello hello and thank Faramir it’s Friday - am I right?!

So I found out last week that I have iron deficiency, wompwomp - so I reached out to a local vegan community asking for their assistance, and they were really helpful! I even got this here recipe that I wanted to share with you as I have made it now for a second time, and am currently enjoying it thinking “this has got to be shared!”.

Not a bad ingredient in sight and it’s magic for uptake of iron!

Super Healthy Chocolate Orange Smoothie
(Makes 1 serving)



Ingredients
1 frozen banana, chopped into chunks
1 orange - juice and zest
Handful of spinach
1-2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened) or cacao
200ml plant based milk (I used soy vanilla)
1 tbsp flaxseed

- Simply blitz until smooth, and enjoy!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead! I started mine early by visiting a friend's allotment last night and we planted a black currant bush and turned some soil in the planting beds, it was good fun! And so nice being out in nature! Tomorrow Kev and I are going to see the new Avengers film - that should be good! Today I'll just get a few housey things ticked off though, have a leisurely one *smiles*



2 comments:

  1. Mmm, dette hørtes veldig godt ut!
    (kort kommentar, må bare sjekke om den går gjennom ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk, og hurra det virker 😃 endelig 😊 good to have you back x

      Delete